Friday, March 25, 2016

Loyal3 Buys, March 2016

Spring Time Gremlin here again to talk about how I've been improving my portfolio via Loyal3.  My portfolio is now a little over two years old and starting to reward me handsomely.  Loyal3 has allowed me to build several positions from the ground up a few dollars at a time, not a thousand at a time that I would otherwise with a traditional brokerage.  I am not always getting the best deal, but I usually am getting a decent one.  Using cost averaging and knowing I have a long time frame allows me to invest perhaps with more freedom than people who desire instant returns.  This month I put a solid amount of our "disposable income" into new income generating stocks, instead of doing something cool with it.  So, let's see what I did!


Company
Ticker
$ Invested
Shares Purchased
Annual Income Added
American Express
AXP
$120
2.0128
$2.33
Disney
DIS
$100
1.0222
$1.45
Kraft-Heinz
KHC
$100
1.2878
$2.96
VF Corp.
VFC
$80
1.2112
$1.79
YUM! Brands
YUM
$90
1.1644
$2.14
Totals
$490

$10.68

A total of $490 was put to work, an increase of 6.52% from last month when I added $460.  It adds $10.68 of annual income to my 12-month forward outlook.  It is nice to increase my invested amount, it shows that some finances are starting to really turn a corner for us.  In terms of valuations, AXP is probably the best value.  All others are (mostly) appropriately valued.

This was a record month in terms of receiving dividends from my Loyal3 stocks as well, totaling $41.89; and the month isn't even over.  That amount is reducing the stress on my regular accounts when it comes to adding fresh capital to my investment portfolio.  This account is already starting to do some heavy lifting, and the snowball is already becoming its own monster.

Going forward my intent is to keep up the push for two more months, then continue with less intensity in the summer time.  Part of this is due to vacation, part of it is due to the fact that my wife is a teacher.  So some cash needs to be saved.  Going forward there are still a few positions I'd like to start at Loyal3, but I am just waiting for the right time.  Although Kohl's (KSS) might make the list sooner rather than later.

- Gremlin
- Long AXP, DIS, KHC, VFC, YUM

5 comments:

  1. I also added to AXP and DIS. I think AXP is the better value at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. Gotta love Loyal3; no trading fees and fractional shares. I like Loyal3 because investors can cost average by buying small lots every week or month without trading fees. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IH,

      I agree, fee free is great. Thanks for the comment!

      -Gremlin

      Delete
  3. What can I say except keep adding to those great names and let others speculate on riskier assets. I like the consumer sector stocks a lot and though they are expensive might tempt me in April as it's really the only sector that let's me sleep well at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH,

      I plan on adding. The consumer staples is probably the most reliable sector, with a few others close behind. Have a lot of the m all is my sleep well cure. Thanks for the comment.

      -Gremlin

      Delete