Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Loyal3 Buys, April 2016

Post Allergies Gremlin here again to talk about how I've been improving my portfolio via Loyal3.  This portfolio keeps growing and surprising with how quick it is snowballing.  Loyal3 has allowed me to build several positions from the ground up a few dollars at a time, not a thousand at a time that I would otherwise with a traditional brokerage.  I am not always getting the best deal, but I usually am getting a decent one.  Using cost averaging and knowing I have a long time frame allows me to invest perhaps with more freedom than people who desire instant returns.  The account also features those with higher growth potential (often), but lower upfront yield.


Company
Ticker
$ Invested
Shares Purchased
Annual Income Added
American Express
AXP
$120
2.0315
$2.36
Disney
DIS
$100
1.0342
$1.47
Dunkin Brands
DNKN
$50
1.0551
$1.27
VF Corp.
VFC
$70
1.1043
$1.63
YUM! Brands
YUM
$80
1.0433
$1.92
Totals
$425

$8.65

A total of $425 was put to work, a decrease of 13.2% from last month when I added $490.  It adds $8.65 of annual income to my 12-month forward outlook.  It is nice to increase my invested amount, it shows that some finances are starting to really turn a corner for us.  In terms of valuations, AXP is still probably the best value.

Going forward my intent is to keep up the push until July, then back off during summer time.  Part of this is due to vacation, part of it is due to the fact that my wife is a teacher.  So some cash needs to be saved.  Going forward there are still a few positions I'd like to start at Loyal3, but I am just waiting for the right time.

- Gremlin
- Long AXP, DIS, DNKN, VFC, YUM

5 comments:

  1. Gremlin,

    I think you're going at it with a great strategy. A lot of others (such as myself) try (often too hard) to time the market and it can bite you real good. By spreading out your buys with dollar cost averaging, you'll be fine in the long run as long as you don't pull back. Keep at it and party on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DR,

      I think it will work in the long run. Loyal3 is a good way to build some positions early - fee free - so you can transition into bigger buys through a traditional brokerage.

      No plans on pulling back! And the party will rage on!
      - Gremlin

      Delete
  2. Nice work Gremlin. The beauty of Loyal3 is it takes the trading fee concern out of decisions. An investor can buy stock anytime. It's a great strategy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IH,

      Thanks for the comment. Loyal3 has been super useful in building a bunch of starter positions.

      - Gremlin

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking of giving Loyal3 a try just to see how well it works. I do like the idea of free trades and I think it'll be good for small batches of trades(say if I want to buy 3 shares of something) but I think for bigger lots, I'd miss the ability to set limit orders and specify which price I want to buy.

    ReplyDelete