Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May Review / June Preview, 2017

Summer Gremlin here to discuss the wonderful month that was May.  So far this past month has been relatively uneventful, which is good.  I had one weekend away from my home, and it was only one day at that.  Things are moving at what seems to be a breakneck pace, specifically searching for housing.  It would appear that my hope that we would buy in 2 years, is more like we will buy this summer.  These things happen, and other people have ways of changing your plans faster than you can yourself (if you are married, you understand this).  That is not always a bad thing, indeed this is smarter in the long run in generating value and wealth.

As of this moment I am still waiting on ol' Loyal3 to transfer funds, as requested.  Apparently their transfer department was swamped by transfer requests.  Guess they found out you cannot dupe thousands of people into paying you money easily.  The new brokerage that has my account has told me to wait about 10 business days, and that was 7 business days ago, so time will tell if they can get it done in any normal amount of time, doubtful.  I hope it goes smoothly, much easier to be nice on the phone instead of a big jerk.

May:

This past month I put $1035.26 dollars to work in my IRA account, and started a new position in T. Rowe Price (TROW).

Last month I brought in a total of $246.08 in dividends ($36.86 taxable, $66.14 Roth, and $143.08 IRA).  This is an increase from last year ($85.54 total) by 187%. The IRA money does it again, destroying a prior month.

In terms of dividend increases, I realized four this month from Apple (AAPL), Ameriprise Financial (AMP), General Dynamics (GD), and Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI).  Raises were between  1.5% to more than 9%.  Thus far for 2017, I have realized 25 dividend increases!

Next month I will realize four raises, from Pepsico (PEP), Unilever (UL), Johnson and Johnson (JNJ), and Exxon Mobile (XOM).  The increases range from around 2% to more than 8%.

June:

This is my birthday month.  I will post a serious look at my net-worth and general progress in life in terms of FI (and still having a roof over my head / food in the fridge).

Our only remaining debt is extremely low interest auto loans, however that may change.  Stashing of cash for the impending house continues.  In addition, I expect a significant amount of cash to come my way when my Loyal3 account transfers.  This should speed another purchase in my brokerage account.  At the moment the market is all over the place, the cash might sit for a month waiting for instructions.

Next month should produce around $293 in dividends, which is a 152% YOY increase, which is mainly attributable to my IRA and a few newer positions plus some growth in my other accounts.

My portfolio page is currently up to date.

Hope everyone has a great June, suns out - guns out!
- Dividend Gremlin
- Long all stock tickers mentioned

8 comments:

  1. Hey Gremlin, great YOY increase and nice to see you scooping up those dividend increases. Thanks for sharing your results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Robot,

      Thanks for the comment, and yes let's keep scooping up the dividends and increases.

      -Gremlin

      Delete
  2. That's a huge y/y increase expected for next month. What's driving that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TitM,

      Thanks for the comment. The answer to that question is my IRA. Last summer I changed jobs, and in doing so it freed me to move my old 401k either to a new IRA or to roll it into my new 401k. I chose the former, and it has allowed me to invest it in blue chip dividend stocks.

      Thanks,
      Gremlin

      Delete
  3. Nice work gremlin. I transferred my wife's rrsp as well as our sons resp. It took forever 2 months. But I got it now hope yours comes faster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CPI,

      Yes it will take a while, and worse they (Loyal3) lost the paperwork. So I have to resubmit, but both firms are willing to make it for free. It happens, glad you got your stuff done. Thanks for the comment.

      Gremlin

      Delete
  4. That's an excellent Year-to-Year increase Gremlin. $246 in dividends is more than my current projected yearly amount in dividend income. I think this is my first time on your blog. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Div Port,

      Thanks for the kind words and stopping by! Soon you will break $246 and be crushing it. A lot of my $246 total came from retirement funds that were rolled over into my control, so they do even more work for me.

      - Gremlin

      Delete