Thursday, November 28, 2019

November 2019 Buys

Home Time Gremlin here to give you my November buy updates. My daughter is home now and it has been a long journey to get her there. She went through two successful operations, one of which was open chest surgery. She will have at least one more surgery, but I am thankful she is home and doing well.

Funny thing, while she was in the hospital and we were spending our time there, I kept getting my dividends deposited. Its really amazing how all of this continues to tick, regardless of my interaction. Shares were also added throughout the month. Making it amazing that I was able to not only monitor, but improve our financial independence situation. We do truly live in amazing times where I can buy shares in excellent companies one day from a phone, and get news from doctors that they were able to successfully patch up a human heart the size of a walnut the next.

Note - I am no longer going to add dates, because I suspect I will not have time for that in the future. Ain't nobody got time for that!

No purchase or account fees were paid this month. I added shares of the following companies by account (* indicates a new position, which will be discussed below):

Taxable:
KTB - 5 shares @ $36.99 / share ($184.99 total), $11.2 income added (I only added 2 last month)
EVR - 1 share @ $77.86 / share, $2.32 income added
KR - 2 shares @ $24.92 / share ($49.84 total), $1.28 income added
O - 1 share @ $76.74 / share, $2.72 income added
Total Invested = $389.43
Annual Income Added (AIA) = $17.52

Roth:
AROW* - 3 shares @ $35.56 / share ($106.67 total), $4.00 income added
Total Invested = $106.67
AIA = $3.12

Standard IRA:
FLIC* - 20 shares @ $22.10 / share ($441.96 total), $14.40 income added
Total Invested = $441.96
AIA = $14.40

Totals:
Invested = $938.06
AIA = $35.04

*New Positions:
Most of my investments went to existing positions, so I will not cover my reasoning on them.  However, new investments are detailed below.

AROW (Arrow Financial Corp): a small community bank north of New York City. This bank has been extremely well managed for years, and has minimal debt.  FLIC is right there along side it in its peer group.  AROW Overview Link

FLIC (First of Long Island Corp): another small community bank. This one is in and around New York City and has been very shareholder friendly.  FLIC Overview Link

The theme of this month is small community banks. Not that each one is great, but there is a large subset of excellent opportunities to be found in this sector. I almost want to make a dedicated small bank portfolio just to house them all on one place.

I will update my portfolio page at the end of the month.

What do you think of these companies?

- Gremlin
- Long all tickers mentioned

No comments:

Post a Comment