Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Recent Buy, August 2019

Vacation Gremlin here to discuss a recent buy.  I along with my family are on a nice, mostly quiet, vacation.  We are at the beach so the ocean and waves is the real deal, that and getting sand everywhere.  While down here I made a quick buy, taking advantage of the volatility.

Yesterday, I added shares of 3M (MMM) in my taxable account.  I bought 7 shares, with a total cost of $1,175.04 ($166.87 / share, plus commission).  The current yield is 3.38%. For a detailed summary of their history, etc. please visit: MMM's Seeking Alpha Profile.  Had I been a bit more picky and waited a day, I could have shaved $60+ off of my cost.  D'oh!

I already own MMM in my IRA account, and it is one I definitely want more of.  What most people, and even the best investors don't realize is - that these guys make everything.  I would write more, but vacation calls...

This purchase will add $40.04 to my forward 12 month dividend income.

I will update my portfolio page at the end of the month.

What do you think of MMM?

- Gremlin
- Long MMM

8 comments:

  1. nice Gremlin.

    congrats on the addition. Id love to grab more 3m too, so many choices out there....


    Enjoy your trip.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CPI,

      Thanks for the comment! There are a lot of good choices, it has been a while since shopping has been this pleasant.

      - Gremlin

      Delete
  2. Great buy Gremlin! Was so close to purchasing them Friday but will most likely add next week if MMM stays down.

    Regards,
    Divcome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divcome,

      Thanks for the comment! You will probably get a better price by waiting, seems to be slowly ticking downward. A lot of that is the PFAS issue, which I think they are in front of more so than others. Having worked in the environmental world for a while, this will just be a speed bump.

      - Gremlin

      Delete
  3. MMM is looking so much better these days as it continues to fall. Been a long time since I added to that stock. I'm looking elsewhere in Aug. with LEG, LYB and MO as my potential picks. I like the buy though some say still overvalued at current levels. MMM has been with me since I went the DGI route and I haven't looked back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith,

      Thanks for the comment! Those are also very nice picks, I have LEG already myself too. MMM might be overvalued a little bit, for those with a short term horizon, but I intend to be giving these shares to my kids...

      - Gremlin

      Delete
  4. I also added MMM this week @$157.66. Long MMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D for D,

      Excellent choice, better price than I had too. Thanks for the comment!

      - Gremlin

      Delete