Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 2020 Buys

California Gremlin here to talk about what investments and sales I have made over the past month.  I am currently away from my usual stomping grounds as my daughter recovers from her heart surgery.  It was a long and grueling procedure, but things are looking a lot better now than they were a week ago. Kids are amazing in how resilient they are, and indeed people in general are such.  These surgeries (she will need at least one more major one) have made me rethink things about financial independence and health care. Anyways, enough about that let's talk about what was bought.

No purchase or account fees were paid this month (* indicates a new position, which will be discussed below):

Taxable:
SALES: None.
KR - 5 shares @ $32.90 ($164.50), $3.60 income added
JNJ - 1 share @ $155.26 / share, $5.88 income added
Total Invested = $319/76
Annual Income Added (AIA) = $9.48

Roth:
AROW - 1 share @ $28.04, $1.04 income added
Total Invested = $28.04
AIA = $1.04

Standard IRA:
None.
Total Invested = $0
AIA = $0

Totals:
Invested = $347.80
AIA [net] = $10.52

Sales and Cuts:
D: This was a bit shocking, to receive a 33% dividend cut from Dominion.  I am leaning towards selling the stock for a minor profit, but I can see their new approach being prudent as well.  I will continue to ponder this unless the price moves to a point where I would be satisfied with a sale.

I will update my portfolio page at the end of the month.

What do you think of these companies?

- Gremlin
- Long most tickers mentioned.

2 comments:

  1. I shuttled my D. I don't often sell but this was a WB screw over. I was positive on D for a while so it was a no brainer for me. Too bad... D, SO and ED have been with me for about a decade. That cash can go into something else. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DHut,

    I agree I am disappointed. Leaning towards selling after one last round of dividend payments. I feel the same as you.

    - Gremlin

    ReplyDelete