Monday, December 17, 2018

Recent Buy, December 2018

Tinsel Time Gremlin here to discuss my most recent buy.  It might surprise some of my relatives and some of my friends, but Christmas is one of my least favorites.  My favorites are the 4th of July and New Years, for a variety of reasons. Do I really need 3 or 4 new button down shirts?  Actually probably for work, but I really should get them because nothing ever seems to fit right.  Also as an adult, there is not much that I really want, well I do want to sleep in - but lets get realistic here.

Moving on, I added to my holdings to continue my push towards FIRE.  My long term goal is probably a decade or two out, but those building blocks are best lain right here, right now.  So lets get to it.

Today, I added shares of Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) in my taxable account.  I bought 20 shares, with a total cost of $1,036.75 ($51.49 / share, plus commission).  The current yield is 3.84%. For a detailed summary of their history, etc. please visit: TD's Seeking Alpha Profile.

I already own the other 4 major Canadian Banks - BMO, BNS, CM, and RY.  This buy of TD completes the set for me, however it is my goal to continue adding to all of these holdings.  The Canadian banking complex is just that much more structurally sound than its USA counterpart.  In addition, it is hard to find a better dividend history than these 5 stocks.  Each can date their dividends back to the 1800s, which is before any of my ancestors even made their ways to North America.  That is consistency I am happy to live with and will let me sleep well at night.

This purchase will add $34~ to my forward 12 month dividend income.

I will update my portfolio page at the end of the month.

What do you think of TD?

- Gremlin
- Long BNS, BMO, CM, RY, and TD

PS - a relative of mine works for TD bank and talking with her has echoed so much of what I read about TD.  They are conservative in their approach and do an excellent job of making sure their investments are headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment