Monday, July 5, 2021

Q2 Review / Q3 Preview, 2021

 Big News Gremlin here to recap Q2 - Spring has Sprung. A lot of changes came last quarter - my daughter's 3rd open heart surgery was a major success, my investment accounts on the taxable side smashed through $100k in value, we traded in my car for a van (sad times), and oh we had our 3rd kid. He, and by that I mean #3, will be the last one. It was a nice surprise, he's healthy and growing already. Otherwise life is starting to get back to some sort of normal, but I will caveat that with a general observation that things are very different. Less stress about surgeries, some new stress about the baby, and an honest sinking feeling that the world (USA at least) thinks the pandemic is over when in reality I'd bet its at halftime. Having some experience in the environmental and biologic world, it just seems that way. Don't quote me, I'm not a doomsayer - rather just a pragmatist.

I keep adding to my positions - both dividend and my small speculation pool. I am hoping to really crush my annual totals by last year with a solid margin. Lets see how my dividend pool is working to achieve that.

Q2 2021:

Over the last quarter I added to Amgen (AMGN), American Express (AXP), my employer, Johnson and Johnson (JNJ), McDonald's (MCD), Medtronic (MDT), South Jersey Industries (SJI), Sonoco (SON), and VF Corp (VFC) in my taxable account. I also added to Arrow Financial Services (AROW) and isco (CSCO), and Portland General Electric (POR) in my retirement accounts.

No positions new were opened.

Last quarter I brought in a total of $1,165.55 in dividends ($602.78 taxable, $272.74 Roth, and $290.03 in my IRA).  The dividend count was 27% higher than last year. 

In terms of dividend increases, I realized 15 raises from Apple (AAPL), CSCO, Evercore (EVR), General Dynamics (GD), JNJ, Coca Cola (KO), Realty Income (O), Pepsico (PEP), Raytheon (RTX), Union Pacific (UNP), Walmart (WMT), Ameriprise Financial (AMP), Deere (DE), Kimberly Clark (KMB), and Kinder Morgan (KMI). The increases range from just about .2% to more than 18+%. This brings my total raises to 31 on the year.

Next quarter I already know that I will realize 7 dividend increases from Kroger (KR), Leggett and Platt (LEG), MDT, Morgan Stanley (MS), POR, TGT, and Essential Utilities (WTRG).  The increases range from 0.2% to 100%.

No additional profits from options and speculation trading 2021. I will probably just issue an end of year total as its a lot more work to add this up even quarterly, and I'm trying not to add extra work.

NOTE: I only count increases when realized, because until that money is delivered any statements or declarations are simply conjecture.

Q3 2021:

The mortgage continues,at its new lower rate and monthly payment, with extra cash towards the principal monthly. Our debts currently outstrip our assets, since I do not count my home as an asset until I own it outright. Also sadly I traded in my car for a new minivan. 3 kids in 3 car seats - even the smallest ones these days are huge.

The buys shall continue until financial independence improves - with monthly rolling buys of course.

My portfolio page is currently up to date.

Hope everyone has a safe summer!

- Dividend Gremlin
- Long all stock tickers mentioned

No comments:

Post a Comment