Friday, October 1, 2021

Q3 Review / Q4 Preview, 2021

 Fall Fever Gremlin here to talk about this last summer quarter.  The quarter was filled with the important things: a brief vacation, kids learning how to talk, ridiculous market fluctuation, and of course lot of sweat in the heat. My account continues to hit new highs, then decline, then go higher, and then repeat.  Its kind of amusing, almost as amusing as watching England lose the UEFA Euro championship and all of the ridiculous issues surrounding the Toyko Olympics.  We are truly living in strange times, were the absurd is just normal.

The portfolio keeps chugging along, though the pace always slows in summer. This fall and winter should be a big.

Q3 2021:

Over the last quarter I added to my employer, Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS), Johnson and Johnson (JNJ), and Union Pacific (UNP) in my taxable account. I also added to Arrow Financial Services (AROW), Corning (GLW), Cisco (CSCO), and Portland General Electric (POR) in my retirement accounts.

No positions new were opened.

Last quarter I brought in a total of $1,256.75 in dividends ($616.83 taxable, $291.82 Roth, and $348.10 in my IRA).  The dividend count was 24.5% higher than last year. 

In terms of dividend increases, I realized 15 raises from Cardinal Health (CAH), Hershey's (HSY), Kroger (KR), Leggett and Platt (LEG), Medtronic (MDT), Morgan Stanley (MS), National Retail (NNN), Realty Income (O), POR, Target (TGT), Discover (DFS), Smucker's (SJM), Walgreen's (WBA), Westlake Chemical (WLK), and Essential Utilities (WTRG). The increases range from just about .2% to 100%. This brings my total raises to 46 on the year.

Next quarter I already know that I will realize 7 dividend increases from McDonald's (MCD), Microsoft (MSFT), Starbucks (SBUX), and First of Long Island (FLIC).  The increases range from 5% to 10%.

I continue to sprinkle in some minor speculation profits and even associated dividends. This activity is still minimal and explicitly aimed at boosting my dividend portfolio.

NOTE: I only count increases when realized, because until that money is delivered any statements or declarations are simply conjecture.

Q4 2021:

The mortgage continues,at its new lower rate and monthly payment, with extra cash towards the principal monthly. Our debts currently outstrip our assets, since I do not count my home as an asset until I own it outright. Also sadly I traded in my car for a new minivan. 3 kids in 3 car seats - even the smallest ones these days are huge.

The buys shall continue until financial independence improves - with monthly rolling buys of course.

My portfolio page is currently up to date.

Hope everyone has a colorful fall!

- Dividend Gremlin
- Long all stock tickers mentioned

No comments:

Post a Comment